[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly report #10 Cycles nodes

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Aug 23 20:58:39 CEST 2013

Hi,
here my week 10 report:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2013/Weekly_Reports/Week10

= Week 10 =

== What I did this week ==
* I implemented the new Sky Model into my branch (Commits r59214, r59220
and r59251). Some example renders with the new model:
http://archive.dingto.org/2013/blender/code/new_sky_model.png.
The user can choose between the older Preetham and new Hosek / Wilkie
model via a dropdown menu.
Also thanks to Lukas Tönne who did some code refactor, so we can use
more than 1 sky texture per SVM stack.

ToDo: Code cleanup and review.

* Added a Total Samples info to the sampling panel (r59391). This should
make understanding the Non-Progressive (now Branched Path Tracing)
integrator easier. Also did some tweaks to the Square Samples features,
to make it more clear as well. Image:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=57980.

* Some cleanup in Cycles trunk.

* Spend a bit time on docs, updated some links in the wiki which still
pointed to the CUDA 4.2 toolkit for example.

== Next week ==
* It would be nice if the new sky model could be reviewed, then I could
fix remaining issues and merge to trunk.

== Questions ==
None.

Best regards,
Thomas