[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #9 Mesh Data Transfer

walid shouman eng.walidshouman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 20:16:52 CEST 2013

Sorry for the late report; felt somehow depressed due to the current
situation here in Egypt.

= Weekly Report #9 Mesh Data Transfer=

== Issues ==
* The massacre being done in Egypt atm is way too disturbing for me to
concentrate in coding, especially when leaving home puts our lives on
the edge -the army, police and thugs are everywhere-!
* Nobody knows when things would settle down ...
* Thinking about dropping the special support for single layer
transfer for better maintainability.
* Also thinking about dropping the support for other transfer way
(AKA: by nearest vertex) or mark them as WIP till they could be
integrated into the large system made by BM_mesh_data_copy() and
BM_mesh_multi_layer_copy().

==This Week==
* Generalised the face search optimisation to include the UV, Vertex
weights and Shapekeys now BM_mesh_data_copy() includes the 4 types of
transfer.
* Minor bugfixes.
* Sped up the UV transfer.
* Fixed the interpolation issue with UV transfer.

==Next Week==
* Adding the seam copy.
* Bugfixing the bugs found at the video.
* Code cleanup.
* Reviewing the code to be released.
* Adding some extra features to the transfer (may include "append to
the active layer" to have a non-destructive partial transfer,
automatic detection for the from/to active object ... etc.)

All the weekly reports could be found at
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Walid_shouman/GoogleSummerOfCode/2013/WeeklyReports

--

Sincerely,
Walid E. Shouman