[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #9: Cycles Motion Blur

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 22:31:41 CEST 2013

All,

My report is below and at:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Gdh/GSoC-2013#Weekly_Report_.239:_Cycles_Motion_Blur
.

== Weekly Report #9: Cycles Motion Blur ==

==== What I did this week ====

I didn't get much done in coding this week. I was going through the kernel
code a lot of the time, trying to put together macros.

The good news is that I think that I am actually starting to understand
Cycles' kernel. For example, the "kernel_tex_fetch" macro wraps a function
that just grabs some memory, and the first argument is a macro that tells
what that function is trying to grab. The macro "__objects" means that it
is grabbing an object. So I believe I am starting to see what is going on.

But yes, I admit that I haven't gotten much done. It is frustrating.

==== What I will do next week ====

At this point, I need to figure out which sampling algorithm is best for
per-vertex sampling. That will be my target for the next week, as well as
starting to actually **work** on the kernel.

==== Questions ====

Am I correct in my assumptions in the macros above?

-- Gavin Howard, 16 August 2013