[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #8 Mesh Data Transfer

walid shouman eng.walidshouman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 01:05:40 CEST 2013

= Weekly Report #8 Mesh Data Transfer=

==This Week==
* Generalised the system to work on the vertex colors & weights.
* Generalised the layer options to the vertex colors, vertex weights and UVs.
* Fixed the memory leaks with some code cleaning.
* Optimised the color transfer to search for source faces only one
time per transfer.
* New feature: the user could choose between transferring relative (or
not) to the target object.
* Installed both Sysprof and Oprofile -and started to use Sysprof to
figure out the bottlenecks in the transfer-.
* Documented the current progress into a video which could be found at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkQrHOj5Qlw.

==Next Week==
* Generalise the face search optimisation to include the UV, Vertex
weights and Shapekeys.
* Adding the seam copy.
* Bugfixing the bugs found at the video.
* Adding multiple interpolation functions -mainly to enhance the
current UV transfer-.
* Ensuring the UVs are being copied in a satisfactory manner.
* Optimising the performance according to the discovered bottlenecks
by the profiling.
* Adding some extra features to the transfer.

==Issues==
* As announced in the previous Sunday's weekly meeting I couldn't pass
the midterm, however Ton and Campbell didn't mind having my commit
access and the branch available so I'm working to have the project
finished and optimised for the release ASAP whether there would be
another chance to be back to the program or not.

* The previous and upcoming couple of days we've -Eid elfetr- feast
and I'm hardly going to be at home so I'll be actively back from
Monday.

All the weekly reports could be found at
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Walid_shouman/GoogleSummerOfCode/2013/WeeklyReports

--

Sincerely,
Walid E. Shouman