[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #7 Paint Tools

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 16:11:12 CEST 2013

What you did this week:
===================
* Polyline strokes
* Bug fixing and stabilization of features.
* Some initial code for gradients.

I stumbled into an issue with operators that are called from a toolbar.
Those operators can not draw into the main editor area for some reason,
meaning gradent fill will have to be written as a brush tool to take
advantage of line drawing. That will lead to some code reorganization

Next week
I will probably finish up curves and move on to either selection buffer or
investigate easier setup for texture painting.

 Questions
After failing to make paint cursors draw in the window area after operator
is called from panel, I tried copying the approach used by the weight
gradient modifier and still failed. I would love to know why this did not
work. Is the context set differently for that operator?