[Soc-2012-dev] Hive system integration weekly report, week 5

Spencer Alves impiaaa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 09:05:09 CEST 2012

What I did this week
This week, with the help of Sjoerd, I redesigned the sound system to fit much better into Hive and be more generic. Instead of a monolithic “sound” worker, the work is split up among a sound controller, a Blender drone back-end, and wrapper classes. Today I added the ability to play a sound between buffered or non-buffered (streaming) to the controller worker, which may or may not stay in the state it is. At the moment, pre-buffering requires a special set-up bee, which is extra work for the user.
What I will do next week
Next I think will be entity-tied sounds, for 3D sounds. Depending on how that goes I may be able to move on to something else, like entity spawning. Entity spawning is closely tied to 3D sounds in our design.
Problems I had this week
The only problems I had were with the Hive system internals, which is why the buffering code is a little messy.

-Spencer