[Soc-2012-dev] Hive system integration report, week 4

Spencer Alves impiaaa at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 00:59:00 CEST 2012

What I did this week
It took longer than I thought, but by the end of today I will be done with a Hive worker for sound in Blender. I didn't need to write a new C-Python API, as I'm just using the existing aud library, but if that is necessary, it will not take long to write one. Most of this week I spent in the Hive example code.
What I will do next week
I haven't looked yet, but I will probably need to find what is in the Panda Hive API that is not in the Blender Hive API, and write workers for those. Once that's done I'll look at what workers I can write for existing Blender logic bricks.
What problems I had this week
The Hive system is a lot more complicated than I thought! I'm still confused about some things and I'll be sure to ask Sjoerd any questions at the next chance I have.

-Spencer