[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly report #4 Texture Paint tools

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:14:29 CEST 2012

Sorry for the late report, I had a concert last night so it was a bit hard
to send it in time.

What I did this week:
==================
* Fixed issues with UV transform tool, implemented better algorithm for it
* Added fast texture mipmap uploading to GPU
* Ported rake brushes properly to projective texturing
* Did quite some more code study on projective texturing...wow...lots of
stuff
* Added random size to brush strokes for texture paint
* Video with wip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_eL_W5sorc&feature=plcp

I will probably manage to write some code during the weekend but it may be
hard due to election period in Greece

Next week
=========
* It's time to start coding separate alpha masks. This will likely take two
forms:
1) A separate texture, just like the one we use already for regular
texturing, with separate attributes
2) A "Stencil mode" brush that will work very similarly to the ptex paint
Nicholas Bishop had written earlier.

* fixes, UV transform correction still has some issues
* Some leftover stuff such as overlay display for brushes and probably zoom
correction for brush size in 3D viewport.
* Anchored brushes? Maybe for later, if i have time.

Problems so far
An often requested feature has been anchored brushes. This will probably
require support for dynamic brush size in texture painting (I took a little
taste of what it would take to support that during the random size mode
that I wrote this week). I will have to look more deeply into the issue.