[Soc-2012-dev] Hive system integration weekly report, week 10

Spencer Alves impiaaa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 08:47:24 CEST 2012

What I did this week
The first thing I did this week was to write up some information on my wiki page ( http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Impiaaa ) about my project, and steps you can take to start using the Hive system (and my demos). Carrying over from last week, I also worked on some specific audio system demos, but those have been postponed to make way for the new object subsystem. Basically, my next task is to make a Hive interface to allow for complex real-time transformations of scene objects, followed by implementations for physics sensors. Benoit came up with a plan for that that I’ve been working through today and yesterday. I haven’t made any commit-worthy code yet but I’ll try to make up for it over the weekend. What took most of my time this week was investigating a memory issue involving the Hive placement algorithm. I don’t think I've pinned down the issue yet, but I’ll investigate further as needed. For now, Sjoerd’s experimental algorithm (libcontext.use_networks) has worked fine for me.

What I will do next week
Further work into the physics system.

Problems I had this week
It’s really hard to figure out Python memory leaks with GDB!

-Spencer