[Soc-2012-dev] GSoC BGE Fixup Status Report Week 10

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 06:43:17 CEST 2012

Here is my report for week 10:
http://mogurijin.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/gsoc-bge-fixup-status-report-week-10/

Task List:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Moguri/GSoC_2012_BGE_Fixup_Docs

Mentor: Dalai

Contents of report:
What did you do this week?
I managed to finally get Nvidia Nsight and started profiling some
OpenGL usage. I cleaned up some of the BGE’s OpenGL usage (eliminated
some glGet and glIsEnabled calls), which got me a few fps in the
Necrosys map. I’m hoping for more gains, but I’m still learning how to
best use the tool. I also managed to speed up loading on Dalai’s
project by using glGenerateMipmap() instead of gluBuild2DMipmaps() on
hardware that supports glGenerateMipmap(). This greatly reduced the
delay from when you could start hearing sounds to when you could start
seeing the level.

In an effort to start getting things merged into trunk (if I’m lucky
for 2.64), I’ve submitted a patch with only my changes to Swiss for
code review[0].

Furthermore, I’ve finally gotten around to recreating the
ge_components branch[1] with my component code. I haven’t done much
testing with it, but I’d like to start poking around and seeing what
needs to be done.

I also managed to close the following bugs this week:
  * Incorrect physics for LibLoaded dupligroups {fixed r49237}
  * SubSurf in BGE suggestion {rejected}
  * Action Actuator in Loop End stops updating the Frame Property
after no longer receives positive signal {fixed r49189}
  * Unable to modify KX_LightObject in BGE {fixed r49154}
  * light distance not adressable in GE GLSL mode {fixed r49154}
  * Overlay scene gets transparent when motion blur is enabled {r49128}

Tracker stats:
New: 6
Closed: 6 (6 by me)
Net Change: +0
Current: 149

What do you plan to do next week?
Hopefully I can start getting some reviews from the code review. I
will continue trying to make the Necrosys map run faster and fix more
bug reports.

Are there any problems that will require extra attention and what
impact will they have on your proposed schedule?
Nope, things are going smoothly.

Are there any builds available?
There are some on GraphicAll.

Cheers,