[Soc-2012-dev] Viewport FX - Week 09

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 04:37:45 CEST 2012

Lot's of house cleaning this week.

Replaced glLight, glLightModel, glMaterial, and other lighting related
functions with thin wrappers.  I believe that the OpenGL lighting
model does not really need a big overhaul.  We only use a small subset
and the interface works well with shaders.  However, I think I will be
adding something similar to gpuMatrixCommit called gpuLightCommit
which will copy the lighting state to the GPU instead of calling
glUniform every time.  I'll have to consider it more because light
state has less redundancy in it than matrix state.

Replaced the rest of the cases where display lists are used.

Started work on unifying the existing use of VBO with the immediate
mode replacement I've already written.  Basically I do not want to
write a whole new VBO back-end for immediate mode.

This week's merge with trunk went more smoothly than usual.