[Soc-2012-dev] GSOC 2012 Texture/UV tools development week 9 report

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 05:47:44 CEST 2012

What you did this week:
===================
* Refactoring of code to accomodate mirrored unwrap enhancements
* Did some initial implementation of mirrored unwrap when unwrapping
mirrored subsurfed meshes (good warm-up for new unwrapper)
* Lost quite some time investigating evil bug that prevented me from using
menus in 3D view.
* A little brushing up on isomap.

There have been a few musical disruptions that prevented me from working
seriously this week, I'll certainly try to catch up.

Next week:
===============
* Finish mirrored unwrap
* Start coding new unwrapper.
* Odds and ends. There are a few easy todos in the blenderartists thread,
also some cleanup for previous tools.

Problems
=========
* Unwrapping code is getting a bit complex. I will probably have to unify
the unwrap parameter handle construction functions since we may need to
support other modifiers in the future as well and doing combinations can
prove a challenge (it already is!). Fortunately, unwrapping itself is well
decorrelated from the construction of parameter handles.