[Soc-2012-dev] UI Tasklist Progress

Jorge Rodriguez bs.vino at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 02:17:59 CEST 2012

A bit of bug fixing and todo items this week:

   - Add OPTYPE_CLEAR_SEARCH to an operator type to prevent a search panel
   built for that operator from automatically filling in the previous search.
   Currently used for object groups
   - Deleting the selected item in the vertex groups listbox leaves the
   selection on the next rather than the preceding item.
   - Added an X button to items in the UV maps list box
   - I made a change trying out a different way to represent the
   manipulator handles that lock to 2 dimensions instead of just one. It looks
   a bit cluttered, but I think it's an improvement. I also think it can still
   be improved upon.
   - I tried to track down a memory leak related to the user prefs patch I
   did a while back, but I need to put more time in to find it.
   - Today I started trying to fill out the floating controls interface so
   that it can accomplish whatever designers want to do with it. There's a
   number of problems that need solving, including:
      - Can't make a button that sets to object mode.
      - The buttons that change transform mode aren't exclusive of each
      other, pressing one doesn't turn off the others. It should work
by pressing
      shift to turn off the others. The current functionality should
happen when
      the user presses shift, which is how the buttons in the 3D header work.
      - Can't make a button that flips to edit mode and turns also on a
      specific edit mode, vert/edge/face, at the same time
      - Support for dropdowns and menus is poor, lotsa bugs and missing
      features.
      - No support for background images or decoration
      - No support for manually positioning elements, which will be
      essential for some designs

These floating controls tasks are what I'll be doing next week. Here's this
week's Bratwurst build:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4205810/Blender/Blender-Bratwurst.zip

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez