[Soc-2012-dev] Android Port - Weekly Report 7

Alexandr Kuznetsov ak3636 at nyu.edu
Sat Jul 7 04:56:32 CEST 2012

 Week (July 2-6)

   - Python GLSL converted to gpu/Android
      - Not fully tested
   - DNA bug
      - I spent a day tracking down a crash to find out that dna was out of
      sync.
      - On a bright side:
   - I learned how to use Android's GDB
      - Through gdbserver on the device
      - There is a big lack of holistic documentation. I will post
      instructions later.
   - Native Ghost
      - ~60% complete
      - Figured out how to call java functions from C
      - And reverse way. So I can call SwapBuffers or have onKey event for
      example.
      - A little bit tricky with Java memory management in C
      - Implemented a nice, fast event queue
         - Did testing. Seems to be thread safe if only one thread is
         writing and only one is reading.
      - Figured out the problem with DNA/RNA generation on unrooted devices

Next Week ToDo

   - Native input
      - Connect our Android Native API to Android Ghost
   - Allow to build from mac/ non rooted phones
   - Text, lines