[Soc-2012-dev] Viewport FX - Week 07

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 02:48:28 CEST 2012

Documented what I've implemented so far with the OpenGL Compatibility Layer:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Jwilkins/GSoC2012/OpenGL_Compatibility_Layer

I'd like to start reviewing this with an eye towards getting it into
trunk.  I see the biggest challenge as not being technical, but
social.  Almost everybody who programs Blender will have to use this.
It won't be off in some sub-directory somewhere.  This code will be
almost everywhere.

I'm at the point where I need to start the actual "Viewport FX" part
of my project :)  The previous 7 weeks have been an extended "study
period" where the end result is a prototype for dumping deprecated
OpenGL functionality.