[Soc-2012-dev] AssimpFBX Final Report

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 02:54:52 CEST 2012

ASSIMP itself will presumably need fbx export, and by integrating it into
blender we get all the formats that ASSIMP exports as well.  So I'd go
ahead and do it (but be sure to have it work as well as cambos script).
 Essentially we should be able to outsource a lot of scene and image format
I/oand garuntee broad compaitiblty since it is likely lots of folks will
and are using ASSIMP, and with round trip fbx support the usage will
skyrocket.