[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly report 12 Bevel

Aleksandr Mokhov alexander.mokhov at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 04:15:42 CEST 2012

Week 12 Report
What you did this week

Currently, planar Bevel works well in all cases. I finished the development
of round Bevel.

An example of how the Bevel work:
http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/b/b7/Round_bevel_exaeditmple.png<http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/b/b7/Round_bevel_example.png>

But during testing I found that in some examples, the algorithm does not
work correctly for non-orthogonal cases.

To fix this required a global intervention in what had been done. I rewrote
about 2000 lines of code.

I seriously revised functions of calculation of the round profiles.
Functions of search of various intersections and function of generating
smoothed surfaces was rewritten.

Changed method of calculating additional points.

Added the data structures used to construct smooth surfaces.

Added rules for handling cases with complex input data in the vertex. Fix
bug with duplicate vertices when generating a smoothed surface.

What you plan to do next week

Unfortunately still round Bevel does not always work well.

 I plan to finish the final tuning of the algorithm, I also finally give
you the source code in order and send it to SVN.