[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly Progress Report # 9 (from 7/17 to 7/23 )

Sukhitha Jayathilake pr.jayathilake at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 14:51:02 CEST 2011

Hi all!
My project is improving COLLADA Animation support

*== What I did this week ==*

-- Began work on Material animation support. Actually Material Effect
Animation support. Studied the code on material and effects exporting and
importing.
   Set up Sid addressing of Effect parameters so their animations can be
exported.

-- Implemented Material specular hardness Animation Export. The sid
addressing was a bit tricky. But completed it in time.

-- Implemented Material Animation import of the same property as exported.
But unfinished. There is a bug which I'm having a bit of trouble fixing.
Once it's finishes, animations
   of other properties can also be supported quickly. Was working to fix the
bug before submitting the report. ( Hence the late submission ). But was
unable to do so.

More detailed log is maintained here : *
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Phabtar/Full_COLLADA_Animation_Support_for_Blender/Diary_and_Notes
*

== *Plans for next week* ==

-- Finish Material effect parameter animations. Blender profile for joint
tip. More screen-casts.

== Issues ==
Material Parameter animation importing. Specifically getting the referenced
profile common effect parameters from the node of the object which the
material belongs to. Testing for solutions.

Cheers!
phabtar.