[Soc-2010-dev] Status report

Konrad Wilhelm Kleine konrad at konradwilhelm.de
Sat Jun 26 01:31:10 CEST 2010

Hi there,

this week I spend some time on figuring out why my mouse is somehow
offset when painting and when selecting text in the console for
instance. At one point I stopped investigating the problem, because it
consumed too much time.

For my work on the unification of the paint systems I needed to get to
know the texture paint system a bit better.

After watching Nicholas' last video I was curious if I can modify
blender's UI and create new datatypes all of which would help me when
coming up with a solution to multi-channel painting in Blender. For the
latter I have made a mockup (see
http://www.konradwilhelm.de/gsoc2010/multi_channel_texture_painting_ui_mockup.pdf).
Based on this mockup I
thought how I can handle and store the layers.

Together with Bob I decided to use the active material's texture slots
to store the different channels. For convenience reasons I wanted to
have a fast way to create different kinds of channels. My first steps
with Python UI and Operator code can be found in my branch and in this
video: http://vimeo.com/12864832

For the next week I plan to make some progress with the unification as
well as with the multi-channel painting. Both go hand in hand.

-Konrad