[Soc-2010-dev] Proposal: fix a bug a day

Nicholas Bishop nicholasbishop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 19:56:39 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have a proposal I'd like to throw out there for consideration.

This is the Blender 2.5 bug tracker:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?group_id=9&atid=498
There are hundreds of bugs listed, including many bugs that haven't
even been assigned to anyone to look at.

I think it'd be very helpful if each student took a little time each
day to try and deal with one of these bugs. This might mean writing a
patch to fix the bug, or even just updating the report to include a
useful test file or better steps to reproduce (or noting that it's
already been fixed in SVN.)

If you need motivation for this project, think of it this way: our
branches probably won't be merged into trunk until after a stable
release has been finished... which won't happen with seven pages of
bugs in the tracker. So consider this a cheap way to move your code
closer to wide release :)

Anyways, if you're interested in doing this, just go for it!

Thanks,
-Nicholas