[Soc-2010-dev] Weekly Status Report - 2 July

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 14:41:02 CEST 2010

How time flies...

This week:
This week I've finally been free of course-work and have been able to work
fulltime on my project.

I managed to finish off a new C-API, and hook this up to the Rigid Body
simulation system I've been setting up in Blender. This has allowed me to
refine many of the details of the stuff added in the original 'prototype'
commit. See
http://aligorith.blogspot.com/2010/07/bullet-soc-heads-re-rolling.html for
more video demonstrations and the rest of summary for this week.

Unfortunately, I didn't make quite as much progress as I'd have like to this
week. I was bogged down for a day or two getting around the Bullet API to
find stuff I needed, and also trying to debug some annoying bugs (at the
same time). While I got a few of these under control, some of these will
still take a few more days to get rid of. Speaking of bugs, I still haven't
gotten around to tackling the 2.5 bugtracker yet as I'd hoped to this
week... will see if I get some time over the weekend. There are a few big
things there I'd like to tackle ASAP while I've still got time.

Next Week:
My current plan is to try and get a few more core-architectural things put
in place next week, since the next term will begin soon afterwards, though
shouldn't really ramp up for 1 week then.

So, on the menu (in no particular order) is work on
- some motion-cache system (will try to hook into pointcache) to solve the
remaining playback bugs
- Bullet constraints
- Manipulator Widget API

Regards,