[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly report

Arystan Dyussenov arystan.d at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 19:04:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

What I did this week:

This week I worked little on my project because I took a freelancing
project, 2 actually, which was a bad idea :).  But I'm already done with
these, so will have time to work on my GSoC.  Currently FBX exporter writes
the sample file () without errors, although there are possibly semantic
errors.  Haven't yet installed apps to test exported file.

Next week:

OBJ scripts support NURBS I/O - no experience working with NURBS, so I'll
need to read docs before tackling this.  Both OBJ and FBX exporters have an
option to export objects from all scenes. This requires switching between
scenes. I'm not sure if I can solve this, but will try at least.

OBJ importer has an option to import ngons, I'll try to enable this. ngon
conversion I can also use to enable ngon import in COLLADA
module.

So, these improvements and also X3D, 3DS scripts are on TODO.

Since SIGGRAPH is very soon, about a week or so, I was going to implement
armature import/export in COLLADA module. So Chingiz will have time to
eliminate unexpected crashes, tackle texture loading and unit conversion. He
already explained me how DAE stores skinned mesh and armature, and I'm now
studying armature editor code. Hope will finish it in a week :).

Schedule:
I guess on my GSoC, I'll have to work till final pencils down date (mid
August).

Arystan