[Soc-2009-dev] Friday Report

Lukas Steiblys imbusy at imbusy.org
Fri Jul 3 10:05:33 CEST 2009

> a) What did you do in the previous week?
Wrote a bit of docummentation, studied the case when running out of memory.
Now if there is no more memory, blender switches to the old rendering code,
which I had to bring back. I've been testing this and got a weird crash when
calling glGetIntegerv, probably in the drivers, because the debugger gave no
hints. I don't know if this was a 32bit system issue. I discussed this with
Genscher and he said it's ok. To me it seems like this bug happens when
creating A LOT of buffers very fast.

> b) What do you plan to do in the following week?
Do some benchmarks and write the results in the wiki, debug the Object Mode,
because it's still imperfect. I got some .blend files from people with
exploding meshes and other weirdness, so I'll look into that. Also, I still
haven't figured out what to do with Sculpt Mode, since it seems it's not
releasing DerivedMesh every time it's edited.

> c) What issues are you having that might require extra attention?
Other than not knowing what to do with the crash, none.

> d) Do you feel that you are on schedule, ahead of schedule, or behind
> schedule? If you are behind schedule, please let us know what we can do
> together to get things back on track.
I feel I'm on schedule. If I look at my proposal, it seems like I'm ahead,
but I didn't know enough to give a precise schedule.