[Soc-2008-dev] Week 3 Report

Dhanannjay (DJ) Deo dhandeo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 16:24:25 CEST 2008

Last Week
---------------

I was trying to get the tests running in conjunction with the rule files.

So far all code I have written is completely isolated from the blender
scripts to import / export. Its a generic class and methods to invoke
tests, which I am right now calling directly.

blender -P test_translaters.py

I am not even using make or builds, the scripts just work for testing
and debugging ...

I was hoping to get the working set of tests by Today, but maybe I am
running a day late, and will get them running (the output should be on
the wiki) by tomorrows meeting.

A am working on a journal manuscript, is now submitted

Coming week
-------------------

Next week targets are

1) To communicate with Briggs and others to get some file formats from
the software I donot have access to.

2) compelete the test_translaters class (i have to commit it too)
interface for testing, test it with off, ply and stl

Issues
---------

These are not bottlenecks, but something I am thinking about

My tests for importers are becoming more for the validity of the file
coming to the translators, and lesser for the code of importers, I am
going to read more about unit testing to make it right, I should
perhaps elaborate on this issue more before the meeting,

Schedule

Maybe a day late, but I am still going through the steep initial phase
of getting used to the task, and since the task almost repeats for
rest of the formats with little changes that should be fine.

Regards,

--
Dhanannjay (DJ) Deo

(Vidyaya Amrutam Ashnute, Let us go beyond life and death with the
knowledge of truth)