[Soc-2008-dev] Week 2 report

Kent Mein kent.mein at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 22:45:12 CEST 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 3:46 PM, Dhanannjay (DJ) Deo wrote:

> Issues
> =====
>
> * Not exctly an issue, but I want to know more about the automatic
> test suit of blender. Is it already implemented for some of the
> features, How exactly it is invoked etc.
> So that I can integrate it. I will discuss it with mentor, or will
> send a request mail to bf-Commiters

If you look at the code base, many of the libraries have a test dir
example intern/ghost/test

If you use the Makefiles you can do make test, or if you want a
specific test say ghost you need to have
the following:
export NANBLENDERHOME = (your blender rootdir)
export MAKEFLAGS="-w -I$(NANBLENDERHOME)/source"
cd intern/ghost/test
make

Most of the tests are pretty old.
I looked and Scons briefly and it doesn't look like the test files are
setup to be used under scons.

Basically I think the whole test setup needs some work, and there are
lots of places in the code that
do not have test files.

Kent