[Soc-2007-dev] Friday status report

Aaron Moore two.a.ron at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 07:05:35 CEST 2007

This week I:

1. Read up on open source communications (while I was still out of town).
2. Cleared out the render api wiki to be more focused on its purpose:
the design.
3. Did a couple drafts of about half of my pseudocode and sent out
emails about a few design concerns.
4. Began documenting RE_Database_FromScene in an attempt to figure out
where the conversion actually happens in blender.

Next week I plan to:

1. Finish my complete pseudocode of the entire system.
2. Finish working through the RE_Database_FromScene, and determine if
there are any other functions I need to work through in order to write
my API design.
3. Write enough of the design to get started code. Primarily, I need
to design a supplement to the existing pipeline code that will allow
external renderers to be served by the pipeline. That is, a division
between generic pipeline code and blender internal pipeline code. I
also need to define the export methods for render settings, camera,
lights, and polygon meshes. These are the bare basics for producing an
image.
4. Get feedback on my pseudocode and design documents.

Last comments.

I'm behind because of going to Poland. I plan to work very hard this week.

Aaron