[Soc-2007-dev] It's Friday again!

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Sun Jun 17 00:05:57 CEST 2007

Miguel Torres Lima wrote:
> 3) Do you have any problems that need particular attention?
>
> I created on release/ a new directory named glsl/ where I put all the
> files containing glsl generic functions. I altered SConstruct to create
> that directory and to copy all the files but don't know if it as you'd
> like, but if it is I would be very grateful if someone helped with the
> Makefiles. For shader creation I read the shader parts from files. What
> I did was to use BLI_gethome() to know what directory is the user's
> home. I used the preprocessor and differentiated windows from others
> architectures, Windows gets just home/glsl and the others get
> home/.blender/glsl. Don't know if this is correct or not.

Hi Miguel,

The make system doesn't really have an install option, but it
does have a 'make release' that creates a distributable archive
from the build. The makefile for that is in release/Makefile and
it copies scripts and plugins into the archive, and assumes that
the user will put these files where they are needed on their
platforms.

I took a look at your tree, and I see there is no SConscript in
the extern/glew directory -- does this directory build under
SCons?

Regards,
Chris