[Soc-2007-dev] It's Friday again!

Miguel Torres Lima torreslima at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 20:29:09 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

Unfortunately I couldn't reach the goals I expected to:

1) What did you do this week?

 This week I did the following things:
 - lights:
  - altered the light structures removing the subtype structure as it was
not necessary.
  - altered the existing light creation, deletion functions.
  - created events for light type, light mode and light parameters change.

 - materials:
  - implemented the proposed materialTree.
  - refactoring of the material structure passing the Program structure to
the parent materialTree.
  - added hash tables to link materialTrees to its materials and diferent
materials to its "parents" (for future use in node materials).
  - rewrote all the functions relative to material creation and deletion and
added new one to deal with materialTree structures.
  - added events for diffuse and specular shader type changes and for
material parameter changes.

 - programs:
  - GLSL_Program structures are now a list for future use in multipass
shaders.
  - added vertex shader creation and a fragment example that just outputs a
color (for testing).
  - added glsl code for all generic functions for a simple material shader
and stored each function in its own text file.

2) What will you do next week?

I hope to have a glsl material preview by the weekend, right now I only need
to concatenate strings, pass the result to the fragment shader, and add a
function that send all uniforms (on program creation or rewriting) to the
shader. If accomplished by the weekend, next week will begin to do UV
textures, add specular and diffuse color ramps  and starting studying and
implementing textures (for a simple material).

3) Do you have any problems that need particular attention?

I created on release/ a new directory named glsl/ where I put all the files
containing glsl generic functions. I altered SConstruct to create that
directory and to copy all the files but don't know if it as you'd like, but
if it is I would be very grateful if someone helped with the Makefiles. For
shader creation I read the shader parts from files. What I did was to use
BLI_gethome() to know what directory is the user's home. I used the
preprocessor and differentiated windows from others architectures, Windows
gets just home/glsl and the others get home/.blender/glsl. Don't know if
this is correct or not.

Cumps,
Miguel Torres Lima