[Soc-2007-dev] Status Report

Miguel Torres Lima torreslima at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:27:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

I add already created an inefficient version where was done for a material:
- All light parameter calculations for lamp, sun and hemi lights
- All specular and diffuse shader calculations
- VColLight, VColPaint, Shadeless and TexFace options
- Ambient color
- Simple texturing example with using current uv coordinates and adding the
colors

You can see most of it here
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:MiguelTorresLima/SummerOfCode2007.

What I've done this week was to rewrite part of the code,

+ parallel light and material structures
+ hash table to assign a GLSL Material to each blender material
+ create structures only for visible materials and delete and/or create new
ones at every scene or layer change
+ created glsl program structures
+ removed all the if statements from the glsl specular and diffuse shader
calculations, except from minnaert and blinn, to avoid branching on old
graphics cards
+ glsl function for fragment visibility calculation for all light types
except spot lights
+ currently trying to generate the fragment shader's main function on the
fly

Next week I hope to have all the features available in the earlier version
implemented and to start working on textures for materials.