[Soc-2007-dev] Sunday meeting absence: topics for discussion

Levi Schooley levischooley at eaglecom.net
Sun Jul 1 15:27:01 CEST 2007

> One idea would be to make an "interactive" mode
> for modifiers.  That way the bevel modifier
> alone could double as a editmode tool.  The idea
> is when you make the modifier, you'd enter a
> special "modifier edit mode."  I guess this is
> all a bit too much to cover in a SoC project,
> though.

Yeah, that'd be a little out-of-the-way for this project, but it
may still be a good idea. Also, if I'm understanding you right, it
would just mean running a modifier over and over again with
different values. I am wanting to avoid that for better
performance. That's really not much different from my old design:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:ReD_Fox/SummerOfCode2007#Diagram_and_further_comments

> Personally, I'd tend to be agaisn't having a
> G.editBMesh variable, since g.editMesh is where
> bmesh will live (and does in the bemesh branch).

I just don't like those global variables. Period.

> Can you add it as a member of EditMesh instead?

Sorry, this confuses me. Could you elaborate?

Thanks!
Levi