[Soc-2007-dev] Friday Status Report

Aaron Moore two.a.ron at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 06:42:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

I spent the first couple days this week integrating the new version of
the plugin api into my code. I didn't expect it to take that long, but
I kept running into problems, and apparently these are not completely
solved: mfoxdogg tells me that plugins don't load for him. Though
Peter wonders if mfoxdogg started from a fresh checkout.

In the next two days I finished converting the pipeline code to the
point that I should have been able to get the image data back into
blender. But it didn't work, and I realized that I have a lot of
places in this new code that I haven't fully tested. The last couple
days I've been working through this new broken pipeline trying to
figure out what's wrong and reduce the problem to the point that I can
solve it. I haven't had much luck, so I'm going to start again at the
beginning tomorrow and work strait through it.

This has been an incredibly frustrating week. ...I just felt like
sharing, I guess.

Anyway. Next Week:

Saturday and Sunday: verify/rewrite all of the current database
filling, internal renderer, and image collecting code in small
increments, making sure each piece works before proceeding. Get that
blasted cube render via internal renderer.

Monday and Tuesday: design the subsurface, particles and nurbs API.
Design any additional methods needed for animation. Supplement areas
of the existing API that need it. Implement the rest of the settings.

Wednesday and Thursday: Implement subsurface, particles and nurbs.
Implement geometry functions. Test these functions.

Friday: Work the new features into the new convert code.

Aaron