[Soc-2006-dev] SoC weekly reporting

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 04:57:00 CEST 2006

Hi, here's my weekly report:

a) What I've done this week
        * Re-enabled the Subsurf modifier in the new modifier stack (with some
          limitations - it doesn't subsurf UVs correctly, and it's
slower than before).
        * Restored the modifier type enumeration and re-ordered type
info initialisation to
          match the blender main branch (this means that files saved
from the blender main
          branch should open correctly).
        * Integrated the Mirror modifier into the new modifier stack.
        * Integrated the Decimate modifier into the new modifier stack.
        * Integrated the Wave modifier into the new modifier stack.
        * Integrated the Armature modifier into the new modifier stack.
        * Re-enabled the Boolean modifier in the new modifier stack.
It's not fully integrated
          yet (it still has the limitations of the old modifier).
        * All the old modifiers are now enabled. Some need more work
to make them
          correctly pass all mesh data through.
        * Updated the wiki page to reflect the current design:
           http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Artificer/ModifierStackUpgrade

b) What I plan to do next week
        * Fix outstanding issues with modifiers (Subsurf, Decimate and
Boolean in particular).
        * Refactor and tidy up modifier stack code where needed.
        * Begin work on the Autosmooth modifier.

c) Other issues
        * I'll be away over the weekend, so I won't be able to attend
the Sunday meeting.

Cheers,
Ben