[Soc-2006-dev] SoC weekly reporting

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sun Jun 11 16:01:20 CEST 2006

Le 9 juin 06 à 21:36, Nicholas Bishop a écrit :

> a) What I've done this week:
> More updates to the design doc, and the overall design is a lot
> cleaner now. I've been fixing problems with Sculpt Mode; I've got
> sculpting working with Subsurf (and other modifiers), it also deals
> with Smooth/Solid now.
>
> b) Next week:
> I want to extend user options with brush shapes by having Sculpt Mode
> take advantage of Blender's texture editor. I've already started on
> this, and I don't expect it to take long. I hope to have the whole
> sculpting design finalized by Sunday (11th) so I can have it reviewed.
> It's also time for me to start thinking about how I'll do the next
> step of the project, with multi-resolution editing.
>
> c) Other issues:
> Just a heads up that I will be out of town from June 18 through
> June 21.

Some thought after testing your last commit :

-compiles ok on Os X with scons

-works here rather nicely with meshes up to 500 K. such a mesh is
  unusable in edit mode but works correctly in sculpt mode (a bit
slow but
  ok).
this is already much better than i was expecting from your wiki comments

- i could not get sculpting took works with subsurf or any modifier

- we need for sculpt mode a special lighting.. the standard OGL
solid  lighting
  dont show enough relief

- the add brush & smooth tool work very well. the sub brush and pinch
tools
are a bit unpredictable

- for the brush size setting, imho the best solution would be to use
the scroll
weel while left button is down

- btw there is a problem here left button draw is needed because most
pens
wont have right one, but then you cant position the 3D cursor

will look at the code more closely this evening

JLuc