[Soc-2006-dev] SoC weekly reporting

Nicholas Bishop nicholasbishop at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 20:16:29 CEST 2006

a) This week:
- Improved the way the brush is draw: if sculpting isn't actually
happening, just draw the brush, don't redraw the whole window.
- Split the texture/color data in multires so that, if neither is
being used, memory usage is reduced
- Large reduction in memory usage when rendering a multires mesh
- Shortcut keys for changing multires level and for changing sculptmode brush
- Corrected loading/saving of partially-visible sculptmeshes
- Corrected undo/redo behaviour for multires
- Added depth-buffer caching for sculptmode - the advantage being that
depth doesn't keep building up, and keeps the surface of the mesh
smoother
- Modified sculptmode so that only modified faces are redrawn while
sculpting, rather than the entire mesh

b) Next week:
- More work to do on the last item listed above (partial redraw.)
- I have a couple more things to try and make sculpting even faster
(adaptive-sized point rendering, for one)
- More shortcuts needed for sculptmode/multires
- User feedback indicates that the partial-mesh-visibility tool is
somewhat unstable, needs fixing
- More memory-reduction improvements needed

-Nicholas