[Soc-2006-dev] SoC weekly reporting

Dmitriy Mazovka mazovka at bk.ru
Fri Aug 4 22:43:56 CEST 2006

               Weekly Progress Report

  a) What you did in the previous week;

   Scattering (single sun only);
   Several bugs corrected;
   Filling of nonconvex meshes. This part appeared not trivial task,
   to the wednesday I had implemented first algorithm, but it was
   not applicable to all cases. Following days I used to attach tetrahedration
   approach for splitting meshes, but it appeared not stable for
   nonconvex meshes. So I decided to combine them together:

   - firstly separate mesh by closed parts (alg.1)
   - apply tetrahedration (alg.2) - if ok then stop, else
   - apply alg.1, that doesn't guarantee 100% correct result

  b) What you plan to do in the following week;

   Complete with nonconvex support;
   Provide docs, btw;
   Investigate lightning taks - shadows, skylight.

  c) Describe any issues you are having that may require extra attention.

   See pt.a

  Regards,
  Dmitriy