[Soc-2005-dev] Copyright stuff

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jul 28 14:14:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

A proper new header could look like this;

/*
  * ***** BEGIN GPL LICENSE BLOCK *****
  *
  * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
  * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
  * as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
  * of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
  *
  * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
  *
  * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation,
  * Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA.
  *
  * The Original Code is Copyright (C) 2005 by xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  * All rights reserved.
  *
  * The Original Code is: all of this file.
  *
  * Contributor(s): none yet.
  *
  * ***** END GPL LICENSE BLOCK *****
  *
  */

At choice you can assign (c) to yourself or to the Blender Foundation.
My preference is to assign it to the BF, that will enable us to better
protect the code in case of abuse, it will also free you from
liability, if anyone ever thinks you violated copyright or a patent.

Also note that the BL exception was removed from the license text.

-Ton-