[Sig2006] New list member + update

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jun 22 11:10:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

Jonathan Blandford is going to coordinate the volunteers for
GNOME/GIMP. Welcome!

- Still no quote for booth construction... they're slow!
- HP sponsors us 4 workstations. Rest of systems will be rented
- Via a Blender user I most likely get sponsored AV equipment.

The demo team for Blender is settled now, I've two or three admins for
setting up the hardware too. First week of july I will discuss with
volunteers what/when to show.

Jonathan: at least try to find people now for:
- manning a permanent demo station
- doing short (10-15 minutes) tutorial/demos on a large screen (with
microphone!)
- I would really like to see a great 2d artist showing GIMP. Time to
show them 'professionals' it's really not that bad! :)

Other .orgs:
- Inkscape will probably have two people for demos available
- Aqsis will give us demo material to show, but have no people to help
out.
- Pixie contacted me for demos too.

The decision whether we'll have a free handout disk (3 to 5000 copies)
can only be made after the final quotes for rental and construction are
in...

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org