[Sig2006] Booth concept design

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Wed Jun 7 18:26:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> What you (and Uni-Verse) at least should do is to get:
>
> - two or three people for manning the permanent demo table (at least 1
> person should be there, preferably two. With three people you can plan
> this with sufficient free time to go around).

Sounds good. I've been working on 3/4 total for GNOME + GIMP, which fits.

> - One or two people who can do short demonstrations on the large screen.
> Tutorials of 10-15 minutes. I have to make a schedule for that, be
> prepared to do like 5-6 shows per day? Keep in mind that this should be
> extremely visually attractive, showing highlights and workflow mostly.
> These can be the same people as who do the other demos, of course.

I think we will try to have 2 demos - GNOME and GIMP - and rotate.
Unless we have time to do a few of both.

> Then I would like to have from each partner a permanent 'business
> contact and coordinator'... someone who's there all three days, and who
> can coordinate the own demo table and shows, and who's available for
> talks to companies, schools, etc.
> I think that'll be you and Gert?

For GNOME, it'll be someone else. I'm afraid I won't be there - work
committments, family committments, moving house committments.

> It'll be the spot where I'll be most of the time.

The spot where you lose your voice? :)

> For preparations: we need cool videoclips... short exciting edits of the
> software in action, or results made with the software, or explaining a
> message you want to spread. This is for the plasma screen, but also for
> inbetween the demo/shows. Of course, Blender can provide loadsof
> material for that... :)

> Jon Phillips (Inkscape) has already agreed to help too. He is looking
> for people for graphics design already, and will help demoing on the
> fourth table. I'll invite him to this list now too.

Hmmm... doing a GIMP or GNOME clip is going to be hard. I think I'm
going to need a lot of help for that.

Cheers,
Dave.

--