[Sig2006] Public announcement

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Tue Jun 6 18:54:53 CEST 2006

Hi Ton,

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> OK! Changes added in frontpage and forum posting.
>
> David: it might be time now to explain a bit what you consider "GNOME
> presentation" on Siggraph... I thought the only CG app you have for demo
> is GIMP? What more surprises are you hiding there? :)

I think that we have some interesting things to show off on the desktop
- Xgl, Xcomposite, Cairo... the GNOME guys have been steadily adding
some very cool graphical bells & whistles. There will be people there to
present the GIMP, of course, but I definitely want to have GNOME
represented too.

I hope there was no misunderstanding - from the beginning, we were
discussing the GNOME Foundation (and thus GNOME) being on the stand.
Which makes more sense, given that GNOME has way more money than the
GIMP at the moment.

Cheers,
Dave.

--