[Sig2006] Budget

eskil at obsession.se eskil at obsession.se
Sun Jul 9 23:09:42 CEST 2006

Hi

>> So, I think we might drop the free handout DVD (3-4k USD + lot of  work).
>>
>> Maybe we can find something else cool & cheap to give away? How
>> important would a free DVD be? Please advise!

Hope you don't mind that i joined this list.

Emil and I have been working on a package for the DVD and can be done in the
coming week. The con of a DVD is that we get less time to prepare things. Its
not very good to hand out a DVDs while telling people, "Don't use the software
on this disk, download the new version instead.". It might be easier and
cheaper to hand out flyer's with the URL where you can download the software,
perhaps putting up a web page specific to Siggraph.

Te real reason would be if we wanted to put stuff on the DVD that people would
thing to bee too large to download, like large film clips. Any how the
DVDs you
get at Siggraph with lots of easy access films are the ones i like the best,
like tutorials, "how to"s and "making ofs".

Cheers