[Robotics] COLLADA 1.5 armature support?

Séverin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
Wed Feb 6 09:57:27 CET 2013

After a look to the Collada spec, what Blender supports are joints for
animation skeletons and skin (page 110 of Collada 1.5 spec). These
joints do not support limits for instance (only a transformation matrix).

What OpenRAVE emits are (rightfully) kinematic models (chap. 10, p. 435
of Collada spec). These are apparently not supported by the Collada
Blender importer. It should be however quite doable to add this feature
to the importer (since it has similar effects as the existing skeleton
system).

You may want to give it a look...

Cheers,
Severin

           Séverin Lemaignan - severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
   [00]    Post-doctoral fellow on Cognitive Robotics
  /|__|\   LAAS-CNRS - RIS group
    ''     +33561337844
           http://www.laas.fr/~slemaign