[Robotics] Feedback on MORSE installation instructions...

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com
Mon Jan 10 12:36:21 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Alexey Zakharov <alexey.zakharov at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello Adolfo,
>
> I would say the second case, the project itself is not specific to Collada
> support in Blender. But I am actively using Bledner for modeling purpose and
> would like to contribute.

Alexey,

I'm a big advocate of using Collada in robotics, and I'm in the process of
looking out what's out there. I'd like to understand the scope of your
project, and so have some additional questions. Are you using OpenCollada to
access Collada files?; also, what parts of your project are (will be)
Blender-agnostic, and which are Blender-specific?. I ask these questions
because I'm trying to grasp where the current Collada-related initiatives in
robotics stand (yours, [1], [2]), especially the extent to which they
overlap or complement each other.

Thanks in advance,

Adolfo.

[1] http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Started:COLLADA