[Robotics] pose mode and game engine

Séverin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
Tue Jan 4 17:14:54 CET 2011

>> This is somewhat "mars roverish", meaning response is related to
>> onboard hardware being able to transmit in "real time". So what is the
>> onboard hardware expected, and the distance being used in the process?
>>
> All these "platform specific parameters" are irrelevant for the work being
> done on Blender. They _will_ influence whether the Blender approach is
> useful or efficient for your application, but these communication
> performance parameters can not be influenced by the Blender software.

In order to simulate multi-robot interactions, we do plan to support
fake communication delays (or even lost of link) between two robots
(this component was called "virtual hub" in the first MORSE draft).

However, this feature is not yet implemented, and has been postponed to
Q2 or Q3 2011.

Best regards,
Séverin

           Séverin Lemaignan - severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
   [00]    PhD student on Cognitive Robotics
  /|__|\   LAAS-CNRS - RIS group / Technische Uni München - IAS group
    ''     +33561337844 / +498928917780
           http://www.laas.fr/~slemaign