[Robotics] pose mode and game engine

Gilberto Echeverria gilberto.echeverria at laas.fr
Tue Jan 4 15:46:57 CET 2011

Hi Chuck,

I've used the armature animation in the game engine, both with pre-set
animations and with IK targets for the bone chains.
Here are some pointers to remember to get this to work:
- In the Logic Panel for the armature, add at least one Actuator
- If you want to play an animation, use an 'Action' actuator, and give
it the reference to an animation you have recorded using key frames
- Otherwise use an 'Armature' actuator and set it to 'Run Armature',
this should allow you to use IK
- Connect the Actuator with the adequate Sensor (keyboard, mouse or
joystick) and Controller

I've done this and then parented segments to each bone, to get an
animated robotic arm.
If you need, I can send you some examples of this kind of armatures.

Good luck

Gilberto