[Robotics] pose mode and game engine

chsmith at xmission.com chsmith at xmission.com
Sun Jan 2 22:34:53 CET 2011

I am just learning blender with 2.55 and I have been trying to get the
armature of the robot to use it's parent child relation for motion in
the game engine.  I am trying to do this by making a parent object of
the armature rig and then using the motion in the game engine to allow
me to assign keyboard movement to the parent and have the armature
follow.  I have not been able to get it to work. So I am thinking that
the armature will only work in the pose and object mode and not in the
game engine.  Unless I create a loop in the pose mode and just call
that from the game engine.  Can any one tell me if I am going down the
right path or if there is a better way.  I see the joy stick but do
not have one yet.  So have been trying to move the hand of the robot
with the keyboard but have not had success with the armature.

Please help.

Chuck Smith