[Robotics] Collada 1.5

Izaak Van Crombrugge izaak.vancrombrugge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 15:32:55 CEST 2010

Greetings, I am Izaak Van Crombrugge. Together with Peter Roelants I am
working in Leuven as a student job. We are now porting the Collada
importer/exporter (python) to blender 2.5 . The goal is to support basic
Collada 1.5 with kinematics as this is a good portable standard.

We are working with the "Illusoft Collada 1.4 plugin for Blender" that has
been adapted to Collada 1.5 by Stefan Ulbrich (University of Karlsruhe) for
the Grasp Robot Editor. We already generated API documentation with Epydoc,
but if anyone else has worked with the code, all info/help is welcome!

Where we stand now:
- All scripts needed for the Grasp.collada module to work, are updated to
Python 3 (An automatic script to do this is normally included in any full
pyhon installation)
- Calls of 2.x Blender API are replaced, at least those for the
Grasp.collada and connected modules.

What still has to be done:
- Make a new 'translator' module that works with the new blender 2.5 API.
- Continue the Collada 1.5 implementation. (like implementing the importer)