[Robotics] Issue with VideoTexture

Séverin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
Mon Jul 12 17:15:51 CEST 2010

On 07/12/2010 03:29 PM, Benoit Bolsee wrote:
> Hi Severin,
>
> Yes you've spotted right: VideoTexture is usable without FFMPEG but was
> disabled if blender is compiled without FFMPEG. This is now fixed in SVN
> revision 30226.
> For the time being, I see no other solution than recompiling Blender
> with FFMPEG.
>
> Benoit

Great. Thanks a lot! Is it meaningful to fix it both in Blender 2.49b
and 2.5? (I mean, it would be nice that the next releases of the major
Linux distributions this fall come with a fixed VideoTexture module, and
I'm not sure they will switch to Blender 2.5).

Séverin

           Séverin Lemaignan - severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
   [00]    PhD student on Cognitive Robotics
  /|__|\   LAAS-CNRS - RIS group / Technische Uni München - IAS group
    ''     +33561337844 / +498928917780
           http://www.laas.fr/~slemaign