[Robotics] robotics example

Gilberto Echeverria gilberto.echeverria at laas.fr
Mon Jan 18 13:53:55 CET 2010

Hi Breno,

I can see a couple of problens from the output you've sent.

> root at breno-HP:/usr/local/blender# Detected GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
> Detected GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
> Detected GL_ARB_multitexture
> Detected GL_ARB_vertex_program
> Detected GL_ARB_depth_texture
> Detected GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
> shaders not supported!

This last line: "shaders not supported!" means that your graphics card
may not be able to support display with full detail.
What graphics hardware do you have? It is possible to change some
options on Blender to use less detail.

On the menu at the top of the Blender window, you'll see an item labeled
'Game'. In that menu, try selecting 'Blender Multitexture Materials'.
All the colors may look weird, but hopefully the simulation will work.

> Then I press P and I got:
> Blender Game Engine Started
>
> Python script error from controller "Initialize#CONTR#1":
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "Scene_Initialize.py", line 16, in <module>
>   File
> "/home/breno/Diversos/ors/scripts/middleware/independent/IndependentBlender.py",
> line 16, in <module>
>     from middleware.yarp.YarpBlender import *
>   File
> "/home/breno/Diversos/ors/scripts/middleware/yarp/YarpBlender.py", line 96
>     except KeyError as detail:
>                      ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
I think this may be related to the version of Python that you have, and
which one is Blender using.
When  you start Blender on a terminal, it should print a message like this:

Compiled with Python version 2.6.
Checking for installed Python... got it!

That means it found a version of Python which is the same as Blender was
compiled for.
If not, when you start Blender, it will complain with a message like this:

Compiled with Python version 2.6
No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.

If this happens, you have to make sure to have Python version 2.6 and
that Blender is finding it.

    ImportError: No module named sockets.SocketsBlender
    Python module not found - controller "Init_video#CONTR#1":
    Traceback (most recent call last):
       File
    "/home/breno/Diversos/ors/components/sensors/cameras/Camera_Module.py",
    line 21, in <module>
         from middleware.independent.IndependentBlender import *
       File
    "/home/breno/Diversos/ors/scripts/middleware/independent/IndependentBlender.py",
    line 17, in <module>
         from middleware.sockets.SocketsBlender import *

This is my fault, I forgot to include some files in the repository.
Please update your copy.

Please keep us informed of your progress.

Gilberto