[Robotics] GE Geometry pt. 3

Florian Lier blender at icram.de
Thu Sep 17 17:11:23 CEST 2009

Hey all,

problem [SOLVED] !

The messed up GE visualisation has been caused by a wrong
parenting strategy ...

The way you should NOT do it:

1) Create a robot which consists of multiple objects.
2) Parent the objects "chainlike" to each other:  select multiple
objects -> CTRL+P -> "make parent" then
select one of the recently parented objects (like the root node) and add
it another parenting group ...

*This strategy causes loops which mess up the model in the GE but not in
3D-View!

*The way you SHOULD do it:

1) Create a robot which consists of multiple objects.
2) Directly attach/parent all needed objects to the bones (select
objects + select Armature -> CTRL + TAB -> Pose Mode -> select bone ->
CTRL + P -> make parent to bone

Thats's it.

You can find the correclty drawn arms here:
http://www.icram.de/files/ArmsBlenderGameEngine.png

Again thanks to all you guys.

Cheers, Florian