[Robotics] BGE / Armatures and visualisation problems

Florian Lier blender at icram.de
Wed Sep 16 15:36:18 CEST 2009

Hey everyone,

as a test scenario for Benoits' iTaSC branch I've modelled two new robot arms
in Blender 2.49a. After finishing the first arms' kinematic I wanted to have a look at it in the GE.
The completly broken visuals in the GE are driving me crazy right now. As soon as I add armatures to a model the GE Engine messes up.

Because I am at the lab (at university) atm I cannot test this scenario with Blender 2.5 - but can anyone tell me why armatures in Blender 2.49(a) destroy the models geometry in the GE and more importanly does 2.5 solve this issue?

I've uploaded a screenshot, you cann see two arms in the GE - one including armatures one without. You'll easily see which one includes bones ...

You can find the screenshot @ http://www.icram.de/GEA.png

Cheers Florian